One of the world's largest dedicated Private equity secondaries firms is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their Finance team. To be successful in securing this position you will have 2 years experience in an accounts position, ideally within financial services.
They are looking for a team player who has the ability to engage with staff across all levels and able to prioritise and multi-task. You will have an exceptional eye for detail, proven analytical skills, be driven to succeed, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing invoices - logging in SUN, liaising with suppliers and internal departments to resolve any queries and ensuring invoices are approved and paid on time.
- Processing staff expense claims - checking expenses have been entered correctly and are in line with the company policy, liaising with claimants and approvers as necessary.
- Providing support and backup to the legal & professional invoicing process which will involve working with colleagues in Guernsey and the Legal and Finance teams in London to ensure timely resolution of queries, approval and payment of invoices.
- Assist in the month end process - preparing accruals and prepayments journals, checking and uploading trial balances for overseas entities into SUN.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register - registering acquisitions and disposals, establishing depreciation in accordance with the asset classification and posting monthly depreciation journals.