Senior Packaging Designer
Our client is a young British awarding winning FMCG business who are growing really fast and have big international plans , to support this growth they are seeking a Senior Packaging Designer to join their team.
The desired candidate will be responsible for the visual and structural design of all of our client's product packaging, ensuring packaging meets the needs of Product and Brand Marketing and acts as a strong purchase driver at point of sale.
You will also ensure that packaging designs and constructs meet all legal and environmental obligations and are fit for purpose in terms of manufacturing process, cost and timeline.
The focus will be on creating conceptual designs for new projects as well as the adaptation and artworking of existing packaging for new products.
You should enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and have the necessary skills to work closely with senior stakeholders.
Key areas of responsibility
(include but are not limited to):
- Creation of new graphic designs for product packaging as briefed by PM team
- Adaptation of packaging concepts to support new product launches
- Presentation of new and innovative packaging constructs to keep our client ahead of the competition
- Reacting to channel requests for packaging improvements / adapts - graphics, construction (inc. hang solutions), materials, security solutions
- Effectively communicate and forward artwork files as required to third parties (i.e. Chinese Factory).
- Create artwork that conforms to the style and content specifications provided.
- Visualise designs through creative approval process, demonstrating and communicating an understanding of pack construction.
- Work closely with marketing and senior designers to translate brand, marketing and creative strategies into physical product.
- Keep up to date with industry developments/standards and share best practice/learning with Studio team as necessary.
- Artworking of packaging as required
- Filing relevant artwork internally according to internal filing policy.
- Check supplied renders for colour accuracy before sending any artwork
- Deliver final artwork to agreed deadlines and specifications.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Excel in a Mac based environment.
- Excellent typographical and layout skills with strong attention to detail.
- High proof reading/spell checking skills to produce accurate, quality work.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Candidate must be resourceful and have a strong ability to collaborate and work within a team environment; whilst also being self-motivated and able to work on own with multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge of Die-lines and Structural engineering is a plus.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of visual communication, design and current design trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, commercial or communication arts preferred; demonstrated experience and portfolio of pieces showing design expertise.
- 5+ years of experience within the packaging industry, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You may be required to carry out or assist with other tasks, from time to time, for which you have been trained and which may or may not be related to the areas above