Section Engineer - Civil
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Utilities division on an exciting project near Manchester. Develop your career in our new Engineering position for Laing O'Rourke, one of the UK’s most advanced, and innovative, engineering and business services specialists. Founded on over 200 years of experience, we are a leading construction and infrastructure technology services provider.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the project delivery through the successful management and delivery of civil engineering work.
You will be able to put your stamp on build projects that use the latest technology and lean techniques, using your technical expertise to effectively manage and support internal and external professionals.
You will work to ensure that all site operations are controlled by safe systems of work defined within internally and externally approved method statements, risk assessments, task sheets and procedures.
Additional activities include:
- Ensure environmental and sustainability procedures are implemented to satisfy contractual environmental obligations and any necessary third-party consents and approvals.
- Assist and support engineers to ensure dimensional and spatial control is managed and maintained. Responsible for overall quality management, ensuring established best practise procedures are observed
- You will be knowledgeable in civil infrastructure projects. This includes knowledge of RC and pre-cast concrete.
- Ability to manage major sub-contract packages of work, in particular those with a high technical / engineering input with respect to H&S, programme, cost and quality. Knowledge of but not limited to: installation of building envelope cladding, piling, drainage and flood alleviation.
- Interfacing with procurement to ensure the most appropriate materials, product, plant and systems are purchased for the project ensuring programme delays are avoided
- Technical Knowledge Experience: Have a broad based and sound technical knowledge of the civil engineering sector, including, DfMA, pre-fabrication and off-site manufacturing.
- Responsibilities also include temporary and permanent works for sites to ensure a smooth operation.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed professional who is seeking a long term career options on challenging projects.
You will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package. You will be based in our Manchester office on the project.
Apply now to join our leading organisation and grow your career.
About the company:
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O’Rourke is an internationally-focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
Committed to a sustainable future, Laing O’Rourke is re-thinking the way the built environment is designed, delivered and operates - collaborating with world-leading industry and academic partners, bringing innovative new solutions, ensuring the most efficient long-term engineering solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.