Senior Commercial Account Handler
Commercial Insurance - Senior Account Handler - Maidstone - Permanent
A prestigious global insurance broker is currently looking for a Senior Account Handler (motor trade, commercial vehicle, fleet, mini fleet, motor) for their offices in Kent.
The company is one of the largest most successful insurance broking and risk management organisations in the world. Although they have been in business for over 90 years they continue to be reactive and receptive to change.
Primarily you will be responsible for providing a quality service in support of the account in order to obtain optimum account retention and growth via account management, broking and technical support. This will be a fast paced position within a forward thinking and friendly office.
- Prepare documentation for new customers in relation to their insurance requirements in partnership with account managers
- Obtain renewal terms for customers and identify potential alternative quotations before producing presentations for account managers to discuss with customers
- Document preparation in relation to renewals and mid-term adjustments in partnership with Account Executives / Managers
- Under supervision, prepare renewal closings from renewal meeting minutes and ensure cover bound by renewal date
- Assist with customer queries relating to existing policies and liaise with insurers regarding potential changes and new terms for policies
- Prepare debit notes and policy summaries
- Deal with account queries and credit control matters highlighting any concerns to account managers in a timely manner
You will need to be educated to at least GCSE standard and be preferably working towards one of the CII qualifications. You will need intermediate knowledge of general insurance products, services and a good understanding of underlying legal principles and practices relating to risk. Essential will be previous experience of working within the insurance industry.