Commercial Contracts Manager
Your new company
Harrison Catering Services is a privately owned contract catering business with a turnover in excess of £50 million and employing over 2000 employees across the UK. We are proud of our reputation for the quality of our services and put a high value on integrity and professionalism in all our business dealings. These values are reflected in what we call the Harrison five fundamentals: family, respect, honesty, pride and exceptional
The Opportunity - Commercial Contracts Manager (Part-time)
The Opportunity - Commercial Contracts Manager (Part-time) An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time Commercial Contracts Manager (part time, working three, four or five days a week (25-30 hours). Reporting to the Finance Director, the overall purpose of the role is to provide professional and comprehensive advice and assist in all general legal, commercial and regulatory compliance matters as well as ensuring administration and commercial accuracy of all contracts.
Your new role
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts with customers, suppliers and service providers
- Tracking progress of contracts in negotiation
- Liaising with sales, operations and finance departments to ensure accuracy of commercial terms
- Acting in an advisory capacity to the company on data protection matters, including GDPR
- Maintaining accurate records of agreed contracts
- Printing, binding, posting and filing agreed contracts
- Reviewing and commenting on draft terms and conditions during tenders
- Reviewing terms and conditions of lease and rental agreements
- Drafting letters and coordinating responses during disputes with third parties
- Keeping abreast of changes in relevant laws and regulations
- Researching specific regulations on request and advising the directors
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified solicitor or qualified by experience.
- Previous In-House experience is a commercial contracts position required
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure and cleared Barred List check essential.
- Excellent communication skills. Communicating effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation is key
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients by phone and occasionally face to face
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to cope under pressure with ability to prioritise key tasks.
- Able to ensure confidentiality.
- Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
Harrison offer a friendly and supportive working environment with the opportunity to gain broad commercial experience and develop your negotiation skills. A very competitive salary and package, with support for continuous professional development. Developing people from within has always been a key priority and as the business continues to grow, so will the opportunities to become involved with other areas of the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.