Internal Communications Manager - contract
About the role:
This role is strategically important in contributing towards Collinson’s growth ambitions and future success as we come together and operate as one integrated business rather than a collection of individual companies. The overarching purpose of the Internal Communications Manager role is to educate, connect, engage and ultimately unite all our people across regions, divisions and functions under a single brand, in a way that delivers a positive and genuine change for our business.
Working within the Marketing Communications team and partnering with our People & Culture function, you will be responsible for determining, implementing and managing our internal communications strategy and activities to what is a global and relatively complex internal audience.
- To shape, develop, own and manage an internal communications strategy and plan which makes a real and tangible impact in the way the business communicates, engages employees and supports the objectives of Collinson in being more informed and collaborative organisation
- Be accountable for the planning and successful implementation of a range of communications programmes/initiatives including intranet, newsletters, company news, events, competitions, videos, presentations, quarterly business updates etc to support overall business objectives
- Plan, edit and develop relevant content and messaging for a variety of communication channels that our people will understand, find insightful, engaging and inspires them to get involved in creating and sharing their own content where appropriate
- Liaise and collaborate with all regions, divisions, functions to maintain an awareness of all internal marketing plans and activities globally and identify how the content/campaigns can be integrated, coordinated, complementary and used across channels to maximise engagement
- Advise senior leadership team on internal communications, represent the views of our people, provide best practice and recommendations on communication initiatives to increase visibility and trust
- Develop and implement a framework or model that empowers and inspires more regional, divisional and functional internal communication activities across channels with more tailored and relevant messages, to complement global communication
Skills and Experience:
- Have a strong understanding of internal and employee communications best practice and techniques including communications measurement
- Appreciation of challenges in working in a matrix organisation, internationally and with an understanding of the complexities of bringing together a collection of individual businesses and unifying them and all people as one new organisation
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously within a dynamic business
- Proven ability to convert communication strategy and knowledge into integrated, targeted communication plans outcomes to support business objectives
- Clear and confident communication skills with excellent writing expertise to deliver key messages across multiple channels in a clear and compelling way to audiences at all levels of the organisation
- A proven track-record of developing and delivering an internal communications strategy and initiatives within an international environment, ideally involving a group company and multiple individual businesses
- Design and implementation of communications campaigns working across a broad range of channels, both on and offline (experience of Confluence a significant advantage)
- Proactive attitude with lots of enthusiasm, personality and commitment
- Confident and collaborative, leaving a lasting and positive impression on others
- Passionate yet practical about the role of internal communications with the flexibility of style to suit different people and situations
- Willingness to get involved in the execution of communication plans and events in addition to setting strategy and plans
- This role provides a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to demonstrate the strategic value and positive impact that internal communications and employee engagement can have in supporting the development and growth of an already successful and ambitious business.
Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviour to drive revenue and value for clients. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travellers, creating and delivering products and services that increase engagement, loyalty and value for customers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,500 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception - from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access programme, Priority Pass™ to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.