An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join a world leader in luxury products in Hersham.
Your new company
- World leader in high quality products.
- Based in Hersham (KT12).
- Constantly expanding, going from strength to strength.
- Driven finance team comprised of nothing but professionals.
Your new role
- General Ledger:
- Prepare and post journals for payroll, prepayments, accruals etc.
- Assist Intercompany recharges to other related companies.
- Reconcile, analyse and clear all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare Interim balance sheet reconciliations for review.
- Cash - bank reconciliation:
- Ensure that cash entries are made accurately and in good time.
- Post all Direct Debits to supplier accounts.
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations for all SAP Brands.
- Confirm cash pooling balance in Diapason and post interest rec'd, paid etc.
- Treasury reporting:
- Enter cash positions in to the treasury reporting system.
- Prepare cash flow spreadsheets for Syrus reporting.
- Liaise with wider Finance team to understand variances.
- Prepare analysis reports.
- Fixed Assets:
- Monthly capital expenditure reporting to France and Controllers.
- Creation of assets.
- Raise fixed asset recharge invoices to stores for counter contribution.
- Monthly maintenance of WIP account.
- Monthly depreciation run.
- VAT, Tax & NIC's:
- Analyse Vat postings, prepare and process quarterly UK Vat Returns.
- Prepare journals and process employers NIC's for payment.
- Request payment of VAT, Tax & NIC.
- Quarterly preparation of Corporation tax figures and post journal.
- Intrastat & EC Sales list reporting Intercompany.
- Confirm agreement and reconcile intercompany balances with Group monthly and quarterly.
- Analyse and generate monthly recharges - Arrange Payment of intercompany balances.
- Ensure all intercompany entries reconcile.
- Liaise with other SSC brands to ensure month end accruals are accounted for accurately.
- Support the Assistant Senior Accountant with ad hoc queries, analysis and projects.
- Assist and support SSC (all brands).
- National Statistics:
- Prepare national statistic reports, for Distribution and services, Quarterly stock, Monthly turnover, Quarterly headcount etc.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excel Intermediate user
- Preferably familiar with SAP
- A Graduate in an accounting field / AAT qualified or studying
- Professional attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and charisma
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary dependent on experience.
- Product discounts, pension scheme, medical insurance plus many more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.