Mid-level Java Software Developer - Bioscience / Pharma researc
Mid-level Java Software Developer - Bioscience / Pharma research
Fancy developing software used to make a genuine difference in the world. I'm working with a specialist software & research firm that develop software products used in clinical research into treatments for neurological diseases?
They are looking for a Java Developer for an initial 12-month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, but with a 5 year pipeline of projects, the role is highly likely to go permanent in the long run. The client are looking for a Java Developer with experience of frameworks such as Spring (Core, MVC & ideally Boot), Hibernate or JPA & ideally some front-end frameworks (ZK, Vaadin or GWT), plus a scripting language like Python or Bash.
The client have products developed using a micro-services architecture, following Agile best-practice such BDD / TDD, with containerisation.
The role itself will be a mixture of developing new micro-services & features for the products suites, coupled with maintaining some older tech built around Java 6-7 with Tapestry framework. Over the next 5 years, the client are creating new products and looking to leverage Big Data & Machine Learning technology, so a great chance to get involved in some ground breaking work using the latest technology.
- Design, Implement and Support Applications (primarily written in Java/Python), both front-end and backend
- Work closely with other developers to conduct software analysis, estimation, programming, testing and debugging
- Work closely with team members & management on best practices, new tools and technologies
- Participate in Agile Scrum team and promote continuous improvement process
- Create and maintain documentation
- Participate in innovation process by coming up with new ideas for company products and development process
- 3+ years Java development experience both on front-end and backend
- 1+ year experience in programming using scripting languages (shell/Python)
- Degree in Computer Science or any other analytical or numerate degree
- Good working experience of Spring Boot, Thymeleaf, JPA, Hibernate, ZK Framework, Tapestry and other related frameworks/tools
- Good working experience of Linux/Unix
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Database concepts and technologies (RDBMS/SQL/PostgreSQL)
- Good Understanding of Object-Orientated development
- Good Understanding of REST standards
- Understanding of Design Patterns
- Understanding of Agile concepts
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD
- Knowledge of Jenkins, SVN, Git and DevOps
- Good interpersonal skills, works well in a team environment
- Good problem solving skills
- Pro-active working style
- Can manage own time and prioritise requests
- Above all, need to be a positive, flexible and solution focused personality
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.