IT Front End Lead Developer
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Head Office in Bracknell as a IT Front End Lead Developer. We are looking for a strong communicator who will discuss requirements with the end user or estate agent within the business, and be able to formulate a plan to create the relevant application user interface.
You will be exposed to exciting and cutting-edge projects and will be involved in the development of new Customer Experience functionality and maintenance of existing systems across several products and be required to lead a fast-moving dynamic Front-End development team involved throughout the software development life cycle.
The role requires project leadership experience, with extensive experience in hands on coding of Front-End technologies.
Collaborate with colleagues to ensure effective Front-End development and support of all Front-End applications within the business.
The Front-End Lead Developer will be an integral part of a customer experience team that compliments an existing Back-End Business Solutions development team of 6 members. They will be required to work in collaboration with this team.
The Front-End Lead Developer will be the key technical resource in the implementation of exceptional User Experience across our internal, external, web & mobile Customer Experience requirements. They would be provided with graphical support from our User Interface Designer.
- At least seven years commercial front-end development experience.
- At least one year’s commercial React development experience.
- At least one years’ experience as a lead developer in a commercial environment.
- Experience in working as part of a team and working towards tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Highly organised and diligent with an acute attention to detail.
- Presentable, well-spoken and leads by example.
- Front-end development project leadership.
- Developing & maintaining greenfield single page applications.
- Develop a flexible and well structured front-end architecture & supporting APIs.
- Helping the team to understand and better develop with ReactJS.
- Creation of functional specifications.
- User Experience champion for internal & external customers.
- Simplified process mapping & creation of easier user interfaces.
- Analyse, design and code new software modules as per the agreed technical specifications.
- Create and maintain program documentation and version release notes.
- Perform first level testing of your own projects and second level testing of modules developed by other team members.
- Ensure new projects are compatible with the existing systems.
- Research new technologies and continually update technical knowledge.
- Resolve day to day reported bugs in the system.
- Experience of leading Front-End development projects with internal & external teams
- Experience implementing exceptional User Experience whilst providing input on design of User Interfaces
- Experience in creating complex single page applications SPA for both web & mobile
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with a multitude of research techniques including stakeholder interviews, competitive analysis, user journey mapping, user interviews, usability testing, A/B split and multivariate MVT testing, funnel & traffic analysis
- Excellent communication skills & stakeholder management
- Exceptional Front-End development experience (min. 7-10 years)
- React (min. 1-2 years)
- Automation Testing - Jasmine, Specflow, Selenium
- Experience in working with REST Services, WCF, JSON, XML & XSL
- A good understanding of security concerns such as XSS, CSRF etc.
- Provide a portfolio of UX/UI development projects
- Knowledge or understanding of backend systems (.NET, ASP.NET, C#, MVC and SQL Server)
- Oracle Eloqua
- New ECMAScript 6 features
- Team Foundation Server TFS
- Chart Design - ChartJS, Highcharts
- CMS - Wordpress