Projects Officer (PMO)
Projects Officer (PMO)
My Client is global specialists in technology with a focus on future audio visual, video conferencing and cloud based solutions. With the benefit of over 20 years in project management at Prince2 Practitioner standards, they apply the best practice in their delivery methodology. Their skills are extremely diverse for the technology industry which means they offer solutions which consider the many facets that businesses need when making the decision to invest in new technology. Planned growth has resulted with the need to further strengthen their PMO team with a Projects Officer.
The primary purpose of the Projects Officer is to support their Project managers in the delivery of projects within budget, on time and to the agreed specification.
Core role and responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional reporting to the business where project tasks are outstanding or at risk of being missed.
- Reports on issues and risks, providing updates on status of these.
- Arrangement of meetings for PM’s.
- Manage the Project Handover to BAU/Tech Ops - link between PM and support.
- Books resource with engineering and customer.
- Check resource has arrived on site.
- Ensures project processes are followed and sign offs take place within the timescales set out in the process.
- Tracks all known issues within the project and ensures actions are completed within the agreed timescales.
- Escalates issues to project teams.
- Drafts QA reports for PMs.
- Co-ordinate and escalates risk plans for projects, tracking them weekly.
- Keep resource plans up to date with planned v actual, report to Operations Manager any resource risks.
- Work with management in forecasting future resource needs for delivery.
- Reviews actions on Project Log daily and chase PMs.
- Provides information to escalate issues into the manufacturers.
- Audits projects for lessons learnt (particularly on the product side) plus supply chain - PIRs - manage PIRs.
- Reports to business on Supplier performance - product and service.
- Drafts Change Request Reports and work with Purchasing on costings.
- Arrange Post Implementation meetings at the end of each project.
- Attends Operations & SLAs Meetings and updates PM and Operations teams on progress v plan.
- Updates Project Log and Sales Force daily with actions.
- Provides suggestions/ideas on ways to improve the PM process.
Skills and Experience:
- Analytical - ability to manage the capacity plan. PM resource against demand and flag any risks.
- Good skills set across Microsoft office - ability to create spreadsheets presentations and manage meetings.
- Presentation skills - ability to deliver presentations to the Senior team.
- Manage customers and challenge where necessary. Will be responsible for resource requests and obtaining quotations from various suppliers.
- Can priorities multiple tasks, must be able to manage own time.
- Work towards tight timescales - work well under pressure.
The role will be based in Halifax, West Yorkshire, England. The ability to travel in the UK and internationally may be required.
In return, they are offering a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to develop and progress your career with a world class organisation.
For further information contact Bernard Smirke or send your CV to him.