Clinical Systems Product Specialist NHS
The post holder will work closely with Clinical Leads to provide specialist knowledge in relation to the Trusts clinical systems (currently SystmOne and RiO) to enable successful implementation, administration and development of SystmOne to enhance the delivery of patient care and corporate services. To support users in the use of these systems to achieve high quality and value in the clinical information systems (SystmOne & SystmOne Mental Health).
- Interpret and communicate highly complex systems information and processes within the organisation and external system suppliers.
- Provide specialist support and advice on systems setup, configuration and use to support all aspects of care, service planning, policy-making and accountability.
- Provide specialist advice on systems specification, requirements, functionality, implementation, and roll out across the Trust.
- Create templates, reports, rotas, protocols and other elements of system configuration as required.
- Carry out System Administration as required.
- Lead in the implementation of any modifications to the existing system. g. Testing changes, applying modifications and supporting users.
- Support regular audits ensuring quality and integrity of data.
- Monitor systems error messaging / alerts as requested and take responsive action either as prescribed by system documentation or by the Clinical Systems Lead.
- Deliver complex presentations to peer group and system users as required.
- Represent the Trust at systems' national user groups and seminars.
- Take a proactive approach to ensuring new and existing users know how to use current Information Systems. Advise on potential enhancements to system configuration.
- Work alongside systems trainers to develop training packages and provide specialist knowledge to project groups for more complex elements of system administration such as the development of clinical pathway configuration.
- Produce Software Specification documents and content for training manuals and report specifications as required (in relation to system implementations).
- Ensure effective information governance and adherence to Caldicott principles, implementing policies and procedures to deliver appropriate practice.
- Participate on a regular basis, as part of the Systems Team in providing 2nd line support to users of he Trusts information systems.
- Receive, access and respond to user queries, providing problem solving support and follow-up where required.
- Participate in initiatives to improve data quality.
- Carry out administration of Intranet/SharePoint Systems Pages
- Actively participate in a programme of continual self-improvement.
INITIAL DURATION OF THE ROLE WILL BE UNTIL END MAY 2018 (WITH THE VIEW OF EXTENSION).
DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO RESPOND TO SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES - IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION THEN ON THIS OCCASION YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL.