The role of Control Engineer requires the daily focus on maintaining and developing the TREND 963 supervisor, controls and strategies to maximise energy margins.
The client is a leading energy and services group employing 17,000 people in the UK across three main activities:
The client uses its capabilities to help businesses by leading the UK's transition to a more secure and sustainable future.
The role of Control Engineer requires the daily focus on maintaining and developing the TREND 963 supervisor, controls and strategies to maximise energy margins. Whilst working very closely with Operations and Energy Managers alike to minimise parasitic loads and maintain the robust control of all Operational assets. This will embrace daily 'coal face' activities to support the Operations team in fault finding and component failure analysis. Additionally support the writing and approving of controls scope and strategy for new plant and schemes.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
Other Duties will call for experience in:
- A review of a combined BMS strategy for each scheme and any associated and immanent connections.
- To review, act through proposal and advise / create a common network platform on which all BMS functionality can be hosted.
- Standardise controls across schemes in terms of hardware, communication protocols, interfaces, strategy, supervisor software and user interfaces (graphics, notation, alarms, etc)
- An 'on-site' focus on Strategy changes, in line with the contractual / commercial financial model. This will include sweating asset efficiencies by using their hierarchal functionality, ie. CHP Engine operating Hierarchy to maximise grid 'overspill', and minimise boiler operations, built into the combined strategy.
- Develop common strategy blocks for different technology that can be dropped in and tuned as applicable.
- IQ hardware upgrades.
- Procure appropriate Trend Licensing
- Export and Import strategies, to circumvent node failures and minimise plant parasitic.
- Work closely with scheme Energy Managers to reduce asset parasitic downtime.
- Supporting and developing the operations teams on their controls systems
Duties will also include the ability to:
- Assess customer sites for design and installation requirements.
- Liaise with sub-contractors on site providing direction for installation requirements and works.
- Develop software and support testing as and when required.
- Code software.
- Produce commissioning documents.
- Control systems design, implementation, and documentation.
- Lead commissioning activities.
- Manage witnessing process to obtain project sign off.
- Manage stakeholders and end users effectively
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Exceptional experience in the Commissioning and Operation of Trend based Building Management Systems
- Comprehensive understanding of the operation of large scale district heating schemes and the control philosophy behind them.
- Qualified and experienced with Trend Control Systems [Trend Expert]
- Must have suitable Trend qualifications to allow SET licensing
- Knowledge on options for BMS Networks and how to interface Trend with non-Trend devices such as AMARC, Comap and Meters
- Qualified in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (to HNC/ONC or equivalent).
- Critical to document and log all work and changes for others.
- Candidates shall be expected to submit examples of strategies they have designed
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK.
This is a permanent full time time role working 40 hours per week Standard Office (9am - 5pm) in the Midlands / London and Southampton. On offer is a salary banding of £40,000 - £50,000 dependent upon skills and experience, company vehicle allowance, bonus and benefits package.