Photography Tutor Part Time
Tutor - Photography
Location: Brentwood/Maldon/Basildon and surrounding areas.
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,874 - £24,210 FTE (£10,437 - £12,105 pro rata)
Part time tutor required to plan, prepare, teach and assess a variety of photography courses ranging from basic application to advanced techniques in use of the camera functions and features, awareness of composition, varied genres within photography, use of digital imaging/manipulation software and the ability to produce a professional portfolio of work. There will be opportunities for input into the future development and expansion of this popular curriculum area.
The successful candidate will be required to work two evenings per week and the occasional Saturday depending on curriculum demand.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Subject specific qualification or relevant industry experience
* DTLLS/PGCE or equivalent
* A good knowledge of the RARPA process (recognising and recording learner progress and achievement in non-accredited courses)
* Experience at delivering accredited courses (preferable)
* Level 2 English and maths qualification
* Good ICT skills
* Commitment to continued professional development within the ACL Service
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnurable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS Update Service.
Essex County Council are proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees.
* A Teachers Pension Scheme
* Interest free bus and rail season ticket loans from £100 - £5,000 as well as pool bikes and a car sharing scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through our specialist learning and development teams
* Extensive induction programmes
* 35 days annual leave (full-time equivalent)
* Continued service benefits
* Staff discounts in gyms/travel agents/car sales/restaurants/days out
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.