Owing to our continued success and expansion we are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Assistance, to provide support within the finance team, as well as various stake holders across the business.
Backed by Aviva, Opun is the UK’s only assured end-to-end home improvement digital services platform, targeting the UK’s £44bn a year home improvement market with a new, ambitious and radical approach to deliver service efficiency.
Based from our offices in Gatwick, you will be directly reporting to, and working with our Management Accountant; key responsibilities will include;
- Processing sales ledger invoices
- Processing contractor purchase ledger invoices under self-billing scheme
- Preparing contractor payment runs
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Liaising with the Operations and Sales teams to resolve queries in relation to sales and purchases.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Processing overhead purchase ledger invoices
- Review and processing of staff expenses
- Ad hoc support to the finance and operations team as and where required
- Previous sales/purchase ledger experience would be an advantage
- Experience of Xero or other online accounting software useful
- Can adapt to different tasks quickly, efficiently and confidently
- Capable of working in an autonomous or team orientated environment
- CIS scheme knowledge preferable but not essential
- Strong IT skills, particularly Outlook Email, Calendar and Microsoft Excel
- Be organised, strong attention to detail, with good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Happy to travel to our London office when required