Mindfulness Tutor Part Time
Part Time Sessional Tutors Required - Mindfulness
Salary: £20.23 - £23.46 p/hr
Hours: 2-8 hours per week depending on curriculum offer - hour's variable according to curriculum needs. Successful candidate may be required to work evenings, day times and/or Saturdays.
Location: ACL Harlow
To teach unaccredited Mindfulness courses to adult learners, delivering knowledge of theory of Mindfulness and sound practice underpinning effective techniques to make positive changes to learners' wellbeing in everyday life.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Nationally recognised teaching qualification or be prepared to work towards achieving threshold qualifications within the first year of service e.g City and Guilds Award in Education and Training
* Subject specialism qualification as Mindfulness Teacher;
* Competent user of ICT;
* Ability to inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of learners through your enthusiasm and knowledge;
* Good understanding of social and cultural diversity, equality of opportunity and inclusion and safeguarding;
* Minimum of Level 2 in English and maths
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression;
* Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures;
* Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use;
* Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning;
* Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge;
* Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills;
* Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others;
* Initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners;
* Support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS Update Service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A Teachers pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement of a minimum of 25 days(depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.