Management Accountant - Qualified
VAC - 10415 - Management Accountant
Our client is a Packaging manufacturer and they are looking to appoint a Qualified Management Accountant to join their team in the South West.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, provide professional, reliable and accurate reporting on business performance and the site’s general ledger, the Management Accountant must be knowledgeable of the key fiscal management controls that govern our client site’s activities.
Other responsibilities include administration tasks relating to payroll and providing additional administrative support as required.
- Month-end closing - key responsibilities for:
- Pallet accounting
- Transport accounting
- Ancillary stocks
- Reel stock management; liaison with shop-floor employees on processing of SAP reels; management of stock-taking processes.
- Cost management: lead role in daily/weekly cost control for pallets and transport.
- Quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Statistical reporting (internal/external).
- Daily goods receipt processing.
- Weekly expenses payment management.
- Quality audits.
- Maintain and manage the Time & Attendance system (TMS) and produce regular and adhoc reports as required on overtime, absence, headcount etc.
- Produce monthly plant manning figures which are used for Top Ten (Group MI).
- Processing payroll paperwork including new starters, leavers, sick pay and amendments.
- Complete the monthly payroll data input ensuring accuracy in line with the Company policies for Sick pay, Maternity, Paternity etc…
- Provide Pension / Benefits renewal information on an annual basis
- All administration tasks related to payroll ensuring the day to day payroll administration is run smoothly and efficiently.
- Any other duties as directed by your line manager in line with the job role, following suitable training.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ICAEW/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA or equivalent) or actively studying towards (essential)
- HND/Degree educated or equivalent (desirable)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working within a Finance setting, in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, including advanced Excel skills.
- Commercially aware with an understanding of the core business functions of a manufacturing organisation.
- An ability to use successful problem-solving techniques
- Excellent communication skills with both external and internal customers (other teams and departments.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Influencing skills with key decision makers
- Desire to grow and progress within the Company, including some flexibility in location.
- Ability to travel independently.
- Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Top 10 in Ops Excellence
- BI Executive Viewer
- U-Attend systems
You will receive a Basic Salary circa £45,000-£50,000 pa (Negotiable) DOE.
Please apply with a copy of your CV to Chris.
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency