Job Title - Programme Manager
Location - Singlewell, Kent
Rates - £571.18 Umbrella/Ltd or £509.66 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
To manage the development and delivery of change projects to agreed scope, time, cost and quality requirements, working with Function Directors, Executive Sponsors and their representatives.
To deliver an aggressive pre-determined renewal delivery improvement plan, on behalf of the business, and its client HS1 for our Control Period 2 and Control Period 3. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and success of this improvement plan and also for the overarching renewals delivery strategy.
What you will do:
- Develop a clear NRHS renewals delivery strategy which demonstrates how all the integrated parts of the business will fit together to deliver our CP2 commitments and CP3 obligations.
- Produce a tactical delivery paper in support of the strategy paper evidencing all of the component parts of the business; including process, resource, competence, governance and risk, with a clear roadmap as to how these will be either: developed, amended or enhanced to meet the overall business strategy.
- Business cases to be developed for every renewals scheme evidenced in the Specific Asset Strategy (SAS) documents.
- A station renewals delivery plan is to be developed and mapped out alongside the renewals CP2 delivery plan to provide assurance to the Client that NRHS can deliver to the timescales and to prevent any impact to the asset or QX budget through increased maintenance costs.
- A resource plan and deliverability plan should be evidenced for the CP2 renewal portfolio to ensure that delivery is not compromised through competing conflicts.
- Risk registers should be in place for all projects and actively managed and an overarching risk register at portfolio level should be maintained, enabling the portfolio to be prioritised.
- Budget, forecast and AFC are to be managed and maintained.
- Support should be provided to a dedicated resource constructing an NR(HS) GRIP Lite process.
Your experience will include:
- Relevant experience in the successful management of major and complex change programmes.
- Experience of applying programme/project methodologies
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Educated to degree level.
- Member of project association
- Knowledge of the principles of investment processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry.
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.