Huntress Harlow are recruiting for an assistant accountant in Loughton for this leading business which has a national presence. This is a rare and unique opportunity to join a great team, offering career stability and long term prospects. Reporting into the Financial Controller, typical duties and responsibilities will include the following.
- Sales and settlement reconciliations, being cash, credit card providers and cash carrier.
- Liaising with the Bank, cash collector and credit card payment providers to research and resolve issues. Ensuring stores have all the necessary equipment required.
- Store support in relation to providing guidance as how to transact non-standard transactions and banking/credit card/gift sales queries.
- Monthly sales reconciliation and Balance Sheet reporting.
- Ensuring all store sales are polled and posting accounting transactions as part of the Sales Audit team.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a multi-site or retail environment and have outstanding reconciliation skills. You must be strong using Excel, have the ability to work well in a team environment and have a confident and adaptable approach.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.