Relief Support Worker
Our person centred, professional team are looking for a responsible, motivated and flexible Relief Support Worker to join them to work in the community in the Caerphilly County Borough Council area providing tenancy support to clients who live in their own homes. This service has over 90 service users, so a full driving licence and use of your own vehicle will be required.
We provide support to help people with a learning disability to live independently and to enable them to manage their money, claim benefits they are entitled to and to maintain their tenancies. At Mencap we focus on person centred support tailored to individual's needs. You will help them to lead the life they choose and truly deserve!
To find out more about this wonderful service of ours and to help you answer our application questions, please click on the 'Additional Information' button to view our informative service specific One Page Profile.
You will need to have:
- Good people skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within a constantly changing environment
- Ability to complete paperwork
- A full and valid UK driving licence and use of car
- Full flexibility to travel across Caerphilly to support and care for the individuals that we support here at Mencap
- Knowledge of the benefits system would be an advantage
One of the most amazing things about being a Relief Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude, want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability and live by our five key values on a daily basis - we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate which is paid for by Mencap.
If you feel you that you're the perfect match for this role, we would love to hear from you! Please click on the 'Apply' button below to transfer you to our application process.
Job reference 11987
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.