Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager is required to join an engineering company who manufacture and design engineering products. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join dedicated experts who use cutting edge manufacturing principles.
Monday to Thursday 0800-16.45 Friday 8.00-12.15pm
Pension 4% raising to 5% company match.
The Successful Supply Chain Manager has responsibility for developing world-class suppliers to the Basingstoke manufacturing location and also to initiate, develop and drive PPV projects to ensure that all company targets are met.
- Develop strategies and processes to reduce the vendor base
- Lead the low-cost region purchasing initiative to maximise cost savings
- Responsible for maintaining, filling and using the Purchase Price Variance (PPV)
- Develop a programme plan of sourcing workshops
- Develop our identified key suppliers in relation to their use of DBS tools and processes
- Ensure that all key suppliers have a long-term agreement
- Attend and provide the purchasing focus at meetings for all new development
- Drive a breakthrough in process to reduce the time from idea to execution for cost saving ideas related to the supply base
- Undertake periodic risk analysis of the supply base
- Deploy DBS tools to meet and exceed targeted improvements in safety, quality, delivery, cost and innovation in the supply base
- Manage and develop a team of 5 associates, with responsibilities for buying, material control & logistics (2 x Buyer/Planners, 3 x dispatch team)
- Previous experience as Supply Chain Manager within an engineering industry
- Purchase Price Variance (PPV) expertise
- Proven experience of Leadership and Teamwork
- Knowledge of MRP systems advantageous
- Effective Time Management and Personal Organisation.
- CIPS/MCIPS Qualification
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy