Assistant Accountant (Part-Qualified)
Business: Originally founded as Prosper De Mulder Limited in 1926; SARIA’s UK operations have a market-leading presence in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain.
The Group’s companies manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications. The company has a UK annual turnover approaching £280 million and employs around 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country.
Applications are invited for an Assistant Accountant at our Doncaster Site. This is a full time permanent position, working 40 hours per week.
As an Assistant Accountant your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
• Assisting with the preparation of the month end management accounts for two entities.
• Production of financial accounts up to the trial balance stage including accruals/ prepayments.
• Month end balance sheet reconciliations/ report preparations.
• Cash flow forecasting each week/ budget preparation.
• Year end Audit preparation.
• Monthly KPI analysis.
• Ad hoc information and reports preparation.
• Any other administrative/ project work as required.
• The successful candidate will be qualified or studying towards CIMA or ACCA (the Company is willing to offer professional development/ sponsorship).
• Good standard of formal education, including GCSE Maths and English (Grade A* - C) or equivalent.
• You will have a good knowledge of current accounting standards, and experience in the production of management accounts and published financial statements.
• Good IT skills including Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Previous experience with Navision Accounting System would be advantageous.
• Previous experience of working within an Accountancy/ Finance role/ function.
• Have the ability to work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines.
• Good decision making skills, assessing situations to determine the importance.
• Ability to prioritise workload to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Salary: A competitive Salary and Benefits package and willingness to offer professional development/ sponsorship.
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.