Lead Planner based in Solihull on a 6 Month Contract
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.
- Creation and maintenance of multiple plans in Project On Line, the client's chosen project planning tool, a Microsoft Project product. The plans will need to be created in our standardised formats to ensure reporting extracts are clean and accurate and dependencies with other programmes and areas of the business are effectively managed.
- Working with Portfolio and Programme Managers to create plans from scratch, utilising existing plan templates and baselining
- Updating and re-baselining of existing plans within the project tool, ensuring any changes in delivery timescales are reflected in each plan
- Extracting milestone data and creating aggregated plans to enable holistic views to be shared with the Portfolio and leadership teams to manage impact to the business.
- Management of dependencies between projects within the tool and with business areas
- To ensure the plans are fully populated with all necessary key data, and core standard tasks are captured, at the correct level and with the right type of activity, including stage and gate dates, and key milestones, such as funding approval and 'go live'
- Work with project managers to capture effort and duration of tasks and ensure requirements for baselining/re baselining are understood and met
- Proactively and regularly check in with Project Managers, and hold planning surgeries to evaluate/correct current plans
- Prince2, Agile, Scrum Master or similar
- Expert user of MS Project tools, including its dependency management, resource and financial planning elements
- Experience of working in an IT Solution Delivery planning capacity
- Good working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.