Cloud/Backend Software Engineer
Cloud/Backend Software Engineer - Wiltshire - c£Negotiable plus benefits
We are looking for a motivated and passionate cloud/backend software engineer who is keen to be working with cutting edge technologies.
- Push code daily that will be relied upon by our ever-growing fleet of connected users and products
- Developing new features and extending existing platform using C#, NodeJS, Python and a range of deployment automation and monitoring tools
- Provide technical guidance by pairing with team members and helping them grow
- Help your colleagues with code reviews and care about shipping quality code.
- Work effectively as a key member of an agile development team utilising Scrum based methodologies and tool suites.
- Work closely with senior members of your team to review the implementation plan
- Develop and refine code to deliver from prototype to production
- Stay up to date with the latest tools and technologies, and feed these back regularly to your colleagues
• Fluent in one of the following programming languages: C#, Node.Js or Java
• You understand DevOps practices and can adapt them to build Continuous Delivery pipelines.
• You have a good understanding of software design patterns
• Knowledge or hands-on experience of Cloud based systems using AWS/Azure, or Docker-based container management system
• You have professional experience working with distributed version control system
• Able to turn concept ideas into concrete tasks and code
• You have strong understanding of BDD and TDD, unit testing, mocking and contract interfaces
• Experience of finding & solving bugs and seeing the fixes through to production
• Ability to work in cross-platform environments (Windows, Linux, macOS)