Part -time Science Technician
School Science Technician job in Bristol
Your new school
A Oftsed rated "Good" school in North Bristol are currently recruiting for a science technician to join their expanding team within the Science department. The school are looking for somebody to work Wednesday, Thursday 8-4:30, and 8-4 on a Friday.
Your new role
You will be supporting 3 other Technicians in the effective running of the science labs. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing apparatus, materials and solutions and setting up equipment and apparatus for use in practical classes
- Setting up and carrying out demonstrations
- Retrieving and clearing away apparatus
- Stocktaking material and chemicals in particular with the annual stock take
- To test, collect and clean examination apparatus for Science lessons
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally already have worked in a school environment as a Science technician or be a recent Science graduate (or relevant degree) from University who has laboratory experience or undertaken a student placement as a technician. You will need to demonstrate you have sound understanding of Health and Safety procedures including COSHH and desirably CLEAPPS.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.