Senior Internal Auditor
Location - Sevenoaks, Kent
Salary - £ 40,000 - £ 50,000 + Excellent Benefits
My client is an innovative and entrepreneurial group of companies specialising in Motor Insurance Services, who are very proud to have featured highly in the 'Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For' for the past 4 years running and achieving Investors In People 'Gold' and 'Champion' statuses. Due to continued growth are seeking to attract an experience and proactive Internal Auditor to join the Group based near Sevenoaks in Kent.
The Internal Auditor will assist the Group Internal Audit Manager in executing all obligations, duties and tasks within the Internal Audit department, including but not limited to the audit rolling plan, individual audit assignments and periodic reporting as required by various Committees and Working Groups.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Participate in/ lead planning and scoping reviews with Senior Management as per the agreed Audit Plan;
- Lead and execute audits with Senior Management following a risk-based internal audit methodology;
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes, in relation to insurance specific reviews and ad hoc projects;
- Lead in the preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified;
- Preparation of draft internal audit reports and reporting audit findings to Senior Management both verbally and in written format;
- Participate in the management of the recommendation database and document agreed actions and ensure recommendations are implemented within the agreed timescales;
- Demonstrate core auditing skills including both oral and written communications;
- Maintain effective working relationships with all audit stakeholders;
- Contribute purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge through sound, independent judgement and common sense;
- Undertake Follow-Up reviews on agreed actions to provide assurance to the Audit and Risk Committee that management agreed actions are implemented;
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as required by the Business Assurance Team; and contribute to various reports for various Boards and Committees.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- At least three years Internal Audit experience in the non-life insurance sector - either in broking, insurance or Lloyd's;
- Qualified or part qualified and actively studying towards a relevant qualification (ACA, ACCA, CMIIA, ACIS, CIA, PQIA);
- Education to degree level or equivalent;
- Experience of reviewing and analysing operational processes and controls;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and use own initiative with a positive can-do attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills;
- An analytical and problem solving mind-set with an attention to detail; and
- Ability to travel within the UK (approximately 25%).
- Car Driver / Driving License
- Sound business acumen;
- Highly developed investigative skills;
- Developed ability to deal with all levels of staff; and
- Experience of working in a fast moving and entrepreneurial environment.
The company offers, a highly competitive remuneration package, excellent benefits and fantastic opportunities for personal and long career development in a rewarding environment working for one of The Sunday Times best companies to work for in the UK.