Have you previously worked for a broker or lender and have a professional background in mortgages, then this is the perfect role for you!
As Assistant Underwriter you will join an incredibly successful Underwriting team, making recommendations on mortgage applications as well as assisting the rest of the Underwriting team. You will be based in Chatham and receive an excellent benefits package including company bonus, pension and healthcare. Working hours are Monday through to Friday, 9am-5.30pm.
About the role:
- Assess mortgage application documents whilst managing your own pipeline of cases
- Provide referral/recommendations to Underwriters for offer approvals
- Liaise with third parties via telephone and via written correspondence
- Instruct and interpret valuation reports
- Perform pre-offer chases
- Complete general administrative duties for the team
- Previous experience in mortgages is essential
- You’ll have a good understand of the mortgage process from application through to completion
- Professional and hardworking
- Organised with meticulous attention to detail
- A natural problem solver
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in building a long-term career within a well-established and progressive company, apply now!
Please note due to the nature of this role, a full credit and DBS check will be required prior to candidate start date.