Band 5 Staff Nurse - Paediatric
Post Title: Staff Nurse
Band: Band 5
Salary: £14.74 to £17.85 per hour depending on experience
Contract Type: Temporary to permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (full or part time)
Location: Children's unit
Accountable to: Matron for Acute Children's services
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a temp to perm band 5 staff nurse to join the nursing team supporting children wards, working closely with all disciplines to ensure the promotion of a high standard of care for patients and to encourage teamwork within a multidisciplinary setting.
As a staff nurse you'll be working with children of all ages suffering from many different conditions and will play a key role in assessing the nursing needs of the child, taking into account their medical, social, cultural and family circumstances.
You will be apart of an NHS trust that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be self-motivating in ensuring the delivery of effective and sensitive evidence based care to a high standard at all times acting as a role model to more junior members of the team.
- Be confident and competent in all areas of nursing practice, enabling delivery of total patient care.
- Assess the needs of patients within the clinical area, plan and implement individualised holistic nursing care.
- To act as an advocate for children wherever they are within the Trust and hospital setting and to advise colleagues on all matters concerning the nursing care of children.
- Ensure that Trust clinical policies and procedures are complied with within the ward. Informing the ward manager of matters, which affect the implementation of the agreed policies.
- Ensure that standards recommended by professional bodies such as the NMC are adhered to and upheld within the ward. Comply with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice.
- Ensure accurate and clear records are kept according to NMC guidelines for Records and Record Keeping.
- To work closely with the children and their carers, being sensitive to their needs and promote family centred care within the ward environment.
- Maintaining the custody of all drugs and the register of controlled drugs in the unit ensuring that drugs are administered in accordance with Trust policy.
- Maintain a safe, efficient and family friendly atmosphere for patients/clients and a positive environment for staff.
- RSCN/RN Child.
- NMC registration.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of working with sick children.
- Experience of coordinating and managing patient care.
- Ability to organise/prioritise own workload.
- Ability to be responsive/reactive and flexible.
This is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed! If you are interested and feel you meet all the criteria then apply today or contact Ross Downie at Medacs Healthcare on .