BMI Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Pharmacy Assistant to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a PART time role for 32 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in ordering and dispensing medicines
- Completion of, registration for or attending a General Pharmaceutical Council accredited pharmacy assistant’s course.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Attention to detail, ensuring accurate recording of data.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills.
Duties of this role include:
- To support the delivery of an excellent clinical, operational and governance based medicine management service.
- Top up distribute medicines to all areas of the hospital.
- Stock management of medicines within the hospital.
- Provide a dispensing service for medicines that may be required.
- To procure & receipt medicines for the hospital.
- Ensure accurate and timely charging.
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s pharmacy team
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.