telent Security Architect
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
Reporting to the Head of Security and Business Continuity, you will be responsible for researching and recommending improvements to procedures and systems to address external changes in "cyber security" and support business development direction. Taking a lead role in the implementation of changes, you will also create technical standards to support the business strategy for success in providing technology services to our clients.
You will play a key role in evaluating and keeping the ISMS up to date to align with latest information security advice and guidance and develop and maintain the systems and procedures to safe guard information systems and databases.
You will be expected to maintain your professional knowledge and qualifications in order to act as a subject matter expert providing technical advice to the business and supporting business development and bid response.
- Technical standards to support business strategy.
- Updated ISMS procedures to align with latest information security advice and guidance
- Design and delivery of instruction and training to improve business knowledge and understanding
Technical information security input and advice on design for application and technology architectures (e.g. cloud solutions, service platforms etc.).
- Technical advice to projects during the analysis and design stages
- Provide further security related guidance where required during the build and testing stages of contracts.
- Assurance reviews to ensure regulatory obligations are fulfilled, t support the maintenance of key certificates and accreditation/good industry practice credentials (e.g. Cyber Essentials Plus, SANS Top 20) and to ensure that key risks and issues are identified, addressed and resolved in a manner that satisfies the business risk appetite.
- Develop standard offerings and templates for bid responses for Security and Service Continuity
Advice and technical responses to support bid response, business development and client assurance requirements.
- Monitoring of CiSP and providing regular (technical) threat information.
- Development of RMADS for any future (internal) systems that may require formal accreditation.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- Strong background in security architecture including a deep knowledge of IT network security
- Experience of incorporating security controls at each stage of the software development lifecycle process.
- Experiencing in selecting and implementing security monitoring processes and tooling
- Experience of security hardening techniques at all infrastructure layer
- Experience in vulnerability and risk management processes.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Information Security Qualifications such as CCP (Architect), CISSP, SANs, CCNA, CCNP.
- Practical knowledge in the application of architectural design practices
- Proven track record of successfully delivering business requirements to time and budget constraints.
- Able to operate as a highly independent worker and as part of a strong team/collaborative approach
- Prepared to challenge thinking and ICT colleagues and have the "difficult conversations" where needed in the interests of telent.
- Strong communication (Written and Verbal), leadership and partnering skills.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of credibility and influence senior stakeholders within the organisation
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
· 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
· Company pension scheme
· A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
· An employee-funded car leasing scheme
· Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.