Payroll Administrator / Bookkeeper - Part Time
- Full Time
A long established Accountancy practice in Shenfield, Essex requires a Payroll administrator with Bookkeeping and admin experience for up to 16 hours per week over 2/3 days.
This is a part-time position and will be predominantly running the Payroll for a number of our clients.
The ideal candidate for this position must have strong experience in processing multiple client Payrolls from start to finish, preferably with some knowledge of 12 Pay software, knowledge of PAYE/NIC and existing knowledge of SMP/SPP/SAP and SSP. Experience in RTI and Auto Enrolment are also required. You should be highly organised with excellent attention to detail and have the ability to manage your time effectively to meet tight deadlines. You must have excellent written and spoken English with good customer services skills as you will be client facing and should be a team player. You should also have some experience in bookkeeping using Excel spreadsheets.
Payroll duties will include:
- Processing end to end payrolls for 20+ small business clients - weekly and monthly
- Process end of year forms
- Liaising with HMRC
- Deal with all payroll queries
- Dealing with pension auto-enrolment and re-enrolment
- Providing high standards of customer service
Bookkeeping duties will include:
- Analysing clients income and expenses using Excel spreadsheets
- Reconciliation of clients bank accounts
Administrator duties will include:
- Creating files for new clients
- Updating and maintaining software of new client details
- Preparing letters using Word
- Filing correspondence
- Strong and up to date payroll knowledge is essential (minimum 2 years experience)
- Good level of Excel experience essential
- Good understanding of all aspects of bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of 12 Pay software - beneficial but not necessary
- Good communication skills
- Accurate and efficient processing
Although formal qualifications are not necessary a proven background is essential. You should be able to work on your own initiative without supervision and be familiar with the HMRC online systems.