Service Charge Accountant
Service Charge Accountant - Fixed Term Contract - Richmond
Are you an experienced Accounts with experience within Servies charges and residential property management?
Our leading Property Management company based in Richmond are seeking a Service Charge Accountant on a fixed term contract.PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Good understanding of Residential Property Management and current legislation
- Well developed interpersonal and oral communications skills
- Good Excel and Word skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
Managing the production of 125 service charge and company accounts for residential blocks in south west London. The role will include the following duties:
- YEAR END PROCESSS
- Prepare accounts pack and scan to Document Management system (Onbase) and send to auditors
- Complete proforma agreeing auditors balance sheet to Property Management System (PMS) balance sheet
- Maintain the Service Charge year end control sheet
- AUDIT QUERIES/DRAFT ACCOUNTS
- Resolve any pre audit queries with estate manager and auditor
- Ensure that draft and signed accounts are scanned to Onbase
- Chase auditors for any outstanding accounts (all accounts must be completed, signed and distributed to lessees within 6 months of the year end)
- Agree draft accounts with clients and answer any queries they may have
- Reconcile reserve balance in accounts to funds held on PMS and adjust when accounts signed
- Issue s20b letters where accounts not issued within 6 months from year end
- CLIENT REPORTING
- Compile packs of financial reports and send to directors on quarterly basis
- Production of Landlord Statements and forward funds to client
- OTHER DUTIES
- Assist with the setup of new properties on the system including the accounting position on handover
- Assist with Bank Reconciliations & monitoring of cash flow
- Assist with raising service charge demands in accordance with agreed timescales
- Assist with raising ground rent demands and CLRA notices according to given timescales
- Advising property managers and clients on funding issues.
- Answer and deal with telephone queries and general filing
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.