Senior Project Manager
Our client is a leading global provider of fare collection technology.
They develop, manufacture, distribute and service equipment and have a long tradition of innovation and invention.
Due to on-going expansion they now require a Senior Project Manager.
- You will ensure the successful and timely fulfilment of customer projects that involve hardware and software development and delivery.
- Liaise with customers, subcontractors, suppliers, and colleagues across Europe operating in a PRINCE2 framework for customer projects.
- Technical management - develop knowledge of automatic fare collection / ticketing technology and its installation.
- Construction / Installation management.
- Resource management.
- Monitor and manage project costs and work with bid management.
- Support their quality plan and developing procedures.
- The role will require travel to Europe and customer premises across the UK.
- You could have a degree, preferably in an appropriate discipline e.g. Project Management, Software Engineering / Electronics / Systems / Mechanical Engineering or have significant work experience.
- You will be able to manage concurrent projects.
- You will be self-motivated with good customer facing skills matched with commercial awareness.
- You will ideally be a PRINCE2 Practitioner or working towards it.
- You will ideally have some experience in the UK Rail industry in the Fare Collection / Ticketing sector or perhaps other allied markets such as Mobile Payments / Software / SaaS / Transit / Traffic / Intelligent Transport Systems perhaps or a capital equipment manufacturer or a Software House or Consultancy.
- You will ideally have some previous experience in software development and delivery projects.
- Understanding of ITSO requirements and application would be highly advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that constantly invests in innovative production technologies, technological innovation and highly qualified employees.
A basic salary of £55,000 p.a. - £60,000.00 p.a. + car / car allowance £4,200 p.a. + individual bonus c. £6,000 p.a. + Pension - company pays 5% + life assurance + 25 days holiday + 8 statutory + laptop / internet paid & mobile + excellent on-going training and development is on offer.
The successful candidate will not be disappointed with the career prospects available in the future. They encourage motivation through excellent education and training opportunities via their award winning academy and flat hierarchies that will enable you to further develop your project management career within an established company who can offer further prospects globally in a sector that is anticipated to grow significantly over the next 10 years!