Counterparty Market Security Trainee Analyst
Trainee Financial Analyst
Opportunity for a finance graduate to train as a financial analyst responsible for the review and monitoring of insurer company financial strength for the JLT group companies globally.
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT) is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver. JLT has offices in 40 territories with more than 10600 employees supported by the JLT International Network enabling us to offer risk management and employee benefit solutions in 135 countries.
We place clients' business with in excess of 1,500 (re)insurance companies across the world. The Counterparty Market Security team operates on behalf of the group companies worldwide to monitor the financial standing of these companies by way of a qualitative and quantitative analysis including peer group analysis, and any political and economic factors which may affect willingness or ability to pay claims.
- Review & interpret insurer financials to review the insurers with which we place our clients' business to establish financial strength
- Create country profiles to assess any economic, competitive and regulatory issues that may impact the risk profile, performance and financial health of insurers
- Monitor insurance company ratings and provide information on the companies
- Liaison with brokers and processing teams to deal with enquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Management of the database to ensure that all is accurate and correct
- Manage multiple projects and delivery schedule with high standards of accuracy and quality and according to agreed SLAs with minimal supervision
- Manage work flow to ensure that all tasks within the team are completed within the specified deadlines.
- Demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement, knowledge acquisition and sharing and team spirit.Successful candidates will demonstrate
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- May have recently completed a Finance degree
- Ability to build and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
- Advance MS Office skills
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to challenge upwards
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Comfortable adapting to a changing environment
- Passion and commitment for further learning and personal development
Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
- Assistance with studying for Professional Qualifications
- Sports and Leisure Clubs
JLT is proud to embrace diversity and inclusion and is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We would therefore like to encourage applications from all, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.