My client, who are a leading supplier of industrial components distribution and engineering services, are looking to recruit an Inventory Manager to be based on-site with their customer near York.
The successful candidate will join one of Europe's leading industrial service partners. The Inventory Manager is a key role, with ultimate responsibility for ensuring the site operation achieves agreed profitability whilst ensuring that service level and contractual commitments are met and, where possible, exceeded.
The key responsibilities of the Inventory Manager include managing an onsite team, delivering customer contractual commitments, including price and benefit savings, customer owned inventory reduction and logistical cost reduction. You will be required to identify, implement and manage consigned stocks within contractual commitments whilst providing reports, Key Performance Indicators and feedback to contribute to the effective planning, budgeting and performance management, on behalf of the organisation and its customer.
Relevant candidates will demonstrate skills & experience as follows:
- Knowledge of industrial consumables and MRO products, and their applications;
- Management experience in a highly demanding customer facing industrial environment;
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety principles and procedures on site at all times;
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and customer relationship development skills;
- Understanding of profit and loss and balance sheet structures; budget preparation and management; cash management and debt collection;
- Understanding of consignment stock principles;
- Experience of fully integrated system based sales order processing and stock management systems;
- Proficient in the use of windows based programmes Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The successful Inventory Manager will receive a basic salary of £30,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience, as well as a company car and a competitive benefits package.
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of management professionals on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including third party logistics, automotive and manufacturing. Please visit our website www.gleeson-rg.com for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.
To apply for the Inventory Manager position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to all applicants, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.