OVERVIEW: IT TUTOR
As a result of continued growth, our prestigious client is looking to add an experienced IT Tutor to their existing team, to deliver BTEC Diplomas and IT apprenticeships.
Based in a classroom environment you will be involved in all aspects of IT / ICT delivery including the carrying out of assessments and also liaising with external verifiers and staff to maximise framework completions. You will possess a strong occupational background in the IT sector and ideally hold a Level 3 qualification in IT / ICT and a Teaching Qualification at level 3 or above.
We are looking for candidates that have a background in Networking or Programming within the IT sector. You will be required to deliver various programmes within IT delivery suiting your occupational background (Levels 1, 2 & 3 Diploma's, Advanced Apprenticeships and Microsoft Office Specialist programmes).
If you do not hold a Teaching Qualification but have a genuine desire to move into the training sector and a strong background within the IT sector, please apply!
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: IT TUTOR
To teach at all levels, appropriate to qualifications and experience, within the relevant Team and elsewhere within the company as required.
Provide high quality teaching in the subject areas required, given the resources available and within the agreed and approved current timetable, with due recognition of the relevant syllabus and course specifications, including the necessary preparation of teaching notes, handouts and visual aids where required.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: IT TUTOR
- Assessor Qualification - desirable (A1, TAQA, CAVA or equivalent)
- Teaching Qualification at level 3 or above
- Previous experience delivering IT / ICT programmes to learners in a previous role
- Previous industry experience in IT (Networking - fault finding, installing networks / Programming - C++, C sharp, python and Visual Basic)
- Previous Classroom delivery experience
SALARY/BENEFITS: IT TUTOR
- £25k-£35k depending on qualifications and experience
- Excellent employee benefits package and 35 days plus holidays
- Excellent development opportunities
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.