THE TRAILER – A BIT ABOUT US
Vue is part of Vue International, one of the world’s leading cinema operators. From the brands creation in 2003 we have grown rapidly and now have a presence across 10 countries, winning numerous awards for both our service and innovation along the way.
This role focuses solely on the UK and Ireland business. With 843 screens across 87 sites nationwide, the UK&I remains the biggest territory serving over 30 million customers every year and employing nearly 4000 people.
Our Head Office, based in Chiswick Park, West London offers a vibrant, fast paced environment where our employees work tirelessly to look for new ways of working and innovations that ensure we remain widely recognised as a leader in out-of-home entertainment and the ‘big screen’ experience.
ACT 1 – THE ROLE
We have an opportunity for a Support Engineer to join our UK and Ireland Technical Services department. Based in our Chiswick Park Head Office and Reporting into the Support and Supplier Manager the Support Engineer will provide technical services support to the service delivery team and business. They will be responsible for ensuring the maximum security and availability of systems throughout the company as well as having the opportunity to be involved in wider Technical Services projects.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining all technical systems, including but not limited to Cinema Systems, Head Office, Communication and Security Systems ensuring effective coordination of repairs to equipment
- Ensuring that all calls (queries, problems and tasks) are logged and prioritised for action according to business needs, impact and urgency, and are correctly assigned
- Providing technical support to the business, taking ownership of user problems and dealing with them in a pro-active, supportive and efficient manner
- Supporting the Head of Technical Services and Support and Supplier Manager to resolve business critical issues
- Conducting regular preventative maintenance schedule checks across the company's technical services and systems
- Contributing to and implementing proposals relating to TS Operational standards and digital technology
- Identifying gaps and weaknesses in current business processes and put forward proposals for improvement
- Reporting on all departmental expenditure
- Collating data for regular reporting purposes to support the Head of Technical Services
- Tracking the age and condition of all Vue equipment
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with 3rd Parties ensuring Vue is in a priority position when receiving services, updates and supply or delivery of products
- Providing remote support as required to the Service Delivery Engineers
- Supporting the implementation of new technical and business solutions
- Supporting the Head of Development and Service Delivery Manager with the development of technical related training programmes
- Ensuring the handover of new cinema openings and refurbishments are effectively completed.
ACT 2 – WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- Experience within a 2nd line support role in a fast paced, multi site Retail, Hospitality or Leisure business.
- Experience of medium/large scale desktop deployments and support.
- Solid experience working with un-skilled end users.
- Experience of working and liaising with third parties.
- Good understanding of Microsoft technologies including Exchange, Office and SQL.
- Experience in managing, supporting and administering Active Directory including creation of group policies.
- Understanding of supporting LAN and WAN technologies including firewalls routers and switches, ideally Cisco and Juniper products.
- Knowledge of some / all following technical areas:
- Windows XP, 7 & 8.1
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008 & 2012
- Backup and Restoring systems
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Networking switches, firewalls and routers.
- Server Virtualization Technologies
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Desktop Imaging Technologies
- System Monitoring
- A good sense of humour!
THE FINALE – WHY YOU’LL WANT IT
- A competitive salary
- Annual company Bonus Scheme
- 23 Days’ Holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing by one day with every year of service up to a maximum of 25
- Employer Contributory Pension Plan, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance
- Unlimited free cinema tickets for yourself and up to 4 guests plus 40% off concessions