Are you a Payroll professional with a good working knowledge and understanding of PAYE, Tax and N.I.?
Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
Are you experienced in complex payroll systems to include manufacturing labours hours in shifts, overtime, and bonus? If yes, we may have a new exciting opportunity for you. The role is offered on a full time or part-time basis.
Your new job as Payroll Officer
Reporting to the HR Manager you main responsibility will be the accurate and timely processing of payroll for both plant operatives and office staff. You will be responsible for the administration of the time and attendance system and ensuring accurate reporting of HR KPI’s. The role will be varied and challenging and will require excellent attention to detail with the ability to calculate complex payroll calculations.
Other duties will be:
- Ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and requirements
- Accurate input of data into the HR and Payroll systems to ensure that appropriate employee details are accurate and up to date
- Ensuring gross payments, PAYE income tax, National Insurance, pensions and other deductions are correctly set up and calculated in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements
- Responsible for auto enrolment, pension set up and the monthly submission of pension data to Aviva
- Validate third party payments to HMRC, Pension Scheme providers, Unions by deadline dates
- Preparation and submission of annual returns for Payroll, Pensions Schemes and Insurances and liaise where necessary with 3rd party payroll providers
What you need to be successful in the role of Payroll Officer
- Proven experience of working as a payroll officer in a busy office
- Experience of complex payroll systems that include shifts, overtime and bonus
- Good knowledge of payroll software and databases, able to electronically store, extract and analyse data
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to accurately and speedily prepare and check numerical data with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
What salary and benefits you can expect to receive?
- Salary up to £30k per annum
- Holidays up to 30 days plus statutory, pension, healthcare
- Part-time or flexible hours working is available