Hope Cement Works, Derbyshire
Competitive remuneration package
Our client is currently seeking an Electrical Craftsperson to be part of the maintenance team at the Cement Works in Hope, Derbyshire. The maintenance team plays a key role in daily operations and major plant shutdown ensuring that we reliably supply quality cement to our customers.
The ideal candidate will be a time served or apprentice trained electrical/process control engineering craftsperson and possess an ONC/HNC or equivalent in electrical engineering. It is also essential you have electrical and process control experience in a heavy industrial environment.
Other requirements are as follows:
* Multi-skilled engineering maintenance
* 17th Edition Wiring regulation BS7671 certificate
* PLC and VSD Experience (preferably Mitsubishi)
* Good working knowledge of electrical LV isolation
* Working knowledge and experience of medium/high voltage networks including switching methods and maintenance operations
* Working knowledge of instrumentation systems e.g. control loops, measurement devices and process gas analysis equipment
* Working knowledge of process gas analysis systems and techniques
* Working knowledge of automatic laboratory sampling systems, typically Polysius Polab
* Good understanding of electrical maintenance methods and techniques
* Sound working knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
* Good working knowledge of the cement manufacturing process
You will be computer literate and analytical, with the ability to use your initiative to prioritise tasks. It would be an advantage if you have an IOSH Managing Safely qualification and Permit to Work authorised person training.
Our client places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.