Strategic Finance Manager
My clients a market leading software solutions organisation are looking to recruit a qualified Strategic Finance Manager due to expansion within the business. The role will to provide strong financial leadership and robust financial control to the business through managing and controlling all fixed cost elements, undertaking analysis and producing accurate financial reports and projections for Senior Managers and the Board.
The successful individual will be able to select service providers ensuring that their performance is in line with the business strategic development, creating/developing new systems and processes to control costs and protect integrity. Ensuring the business remains solvent through handling financial policies and conforming to relevant legislation as well as managing all third party supplier contractual arrangements.
Specific role requirements will include:
- To manager the restructuring of the finance department which includes:
- Managing the transition to a new team of 2 part qualified management and financial accountants who will be working alongside the incumbents initially.
- Managing the 31st March year end including liaison with the newly appointed auditors and performing some specific investigative accounting work relating to some key contracts.
- Provide the Chief Executive with evaluation of business strategy plans proposed by Senior Management. Gathering and presenting ideas and areas of opportunity for finalisation by the Chief Executive.
- Prepare and deliver all of the annual financial results for company operating, including the formal external audited Directors' Annual Report and Accounts. Liaising with the auditors to agree and achieve timely sign-off of the annual accounts.
- Produce monthly financial reporting ensuring budget holders have accurate records of income and expenditure for which they are responsible. Additionally provide regular formal and informal reports to the Directors and Board with recommendations in relation to addressing any potentially negative issues that may restrict the trading position.
- Manage complex external business agreements and partnerships maintaining the balance between cost effectiveness and operational integrity. Seek to identify opportunities and remedies for improved operational efficiency where possible.
- Create and maintain the integrity of all financial controls to safeguard the company's assets, continually updating and creating systems to support developments and improve efficiency of service ensuring that all procedures meet current legal requirements.
- Ensure that the business is in full compliance with current and future statutory requirements.
- Construct the annual financial budget for Rthe business reflecting the true operating position and proven potential.
The ideal candidates will a qualified ACA, ACCA accountant or equivalent with a strong track record in financial and general business management. You will have the ability to operate at a strategic management level and process strong business partnering skills.
You will be a creative thinker with exceptional communication skills and have excellent Negotiation and influencing skills. You will be confident to constructively challenge suggesting new and innovative ideas and always prepared to challenge the status quo.
If you are keen to be considered for this fantastic opportunity please send an up to date CV with a short covering letter to support your application.
Capita Professional Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Professional Recruitment is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.