Accounts Payable Manager - Concur
A global health care business based in Central London are currently for an Accounts Payable Manager to join the team in this newly created position.
The key responsibilities include:
- Supervision of the accounts payable team and their workload on a daily basis.
- Take ownership of managing and embedding the procurement system (Concur).
- Manage and maintain the quality and integrity of data in the accounts payable systems which include, Concur These responsibilities includes but are not limited to;
- completeness and accuracy of supplier accounts
- accuracy of the use of dimensions and coding of transactions
- accuracy of the VAT treatment on individual transactions
- timely allocation of supplier payments
- supplier reconciliations
- monitoring pro-forma invoices from purchase order to payment
- employee and vendor data in the procurement system
- setting up new users and approvers on the procurement system
- Reconcile the data flow between the finance system and the procurement system to ensure that all payments, vendors and other relevant data fed through in the automated process ensuring consistent information between the two platforms.
- Develop & implement weekly management information which include but are not limited to ;
- explanations of long outstanding supplier accounts and proposed settlement dates
- an understanding of supplier accounts in debit and a proposed solution
- purchasing trends and committed spend
- Develop and implement the use of monitoring reports on the procurement system which
includes but are not limited to;
- open purchase orders
- unapproved purchase orders / invoices
- 3-way matching between purchase orders and invoices received
- exception reporting
- reports monitoring the types of spend, ordering and approval patterns on Concur
- an automated report showing approvals to simplify the payment process
- Manage and review balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the accounts payable team within the allocated month end deadlines.
- Provide accurate and complete data to the finance managers on open and approved purchase orders to assist with finalising the month end accruals process.
- Any ad hoc duties as required by the Group Financial Controller.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience managing a team of at least 4 reports.
- Experience in managing supplier performance and relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Concur.
- Proven track record of embedding and implementing controls and a desire to work with new IT platforms.