Information Security Specialist
NRG are working exclusively with a large organisation in the healthcare sector and due to their continued growth are looking to recruit a Information Security Specialist to join their digital services team.
Starting Salary: £22,000 + pay progression + fantastic benefits including:
- Holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus eight general and public holidays, rising to 33 days after 10 years' service.
- Better career and salary progression based on the application of your knowledge and skills.
- Excellent pension scheme with contributions ranging from 5%-14%, dependant on your pay grade.
- Personal development reviews to support your career aspirations.
- To help ensure high availability, security and usability of Trust digital services.
- Manage, test, and monitor the ongoing update process for mobile and desktop applications and operating systems and liaise with Application Management and Development teams to ensure no impact to live systems.
- Liaise with Server and Infrastructure teams to assist with testing and deployment of operating system and firmware updates.
- Liaise with Mobile/Agile Specialist to ensure that all mobile and agile services remain secure as they evolve, and that new services are compliant.
- Review daily malware and breach detection logs and alerts to ensure all detected threats are being managed.
- To troubleshoot and resolve assigned security related support calls in a timely manner and in line with Trust standards and service levels, and work with technical support teams to mitigate/remove threats.
- To administer web filtering categories and exclusions, and generate web activity reports as required. To develop and maintain procedures and documentation for the configuration, administration, and support of service security tools.
- Maintain register of non-domain PCs and audit same on a quarterly basis, ensuring best possible threat mitigation is in place based on available tools, controls, and required operations.l
- CareCERT notifications, establishing risk profile, and escalating high severity cases to the Information Assurance and Security and Manager.
- Work with users, services, and third-parties to find secure solutions to required data management needs.
- Degree, or equivalent, in Computer Networks, Computer Forensics, Engineering or related subject (modules in Cyber Security would be advantageous) or equivalent work experience.
- Current Cyber Security Qualification is desirable.
- Information security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001
- The principles of cyber security, cyber risk and cyber threats
- Common law duty of confidentiality
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Access to Records Act 1990
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Configuration, deployment and support of corporate IT systems.
- Working with Active Directory and TCP/IP networking as they relate to network authentication and delivery of secure services.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues, including IOS and Windows products.
- A broad range of IM&T areas acquired through relevant experience
- Experience of investigating and resolving cyber security incidents
- System management, administration, and reporting tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound technical diagnostic skills.
- Must be able to use knowledge and judgment to identify the most appropriate security approach to meet customer requirements,
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, managing daily workloads
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organisational skills
- Car Owner/Driver for travel across Trust customer base on business related activity.
- Coaching and mentoring practices and tools (either knowledge / experience of or skills and attributes in these)
- Quality improvement tools, techniques and methods (as above, either knowledge / experience of or applied skills ...)
- Work within ITIL Service Management definitions