£Competitive Salary + 8% Bonus + 6% Pension + Healthcare + 27 days holidays
With £45bn of funds under management, a recent cash injection of $800M to accelerate growth by acquisition, and a further £35bn of funds being integrated from mid-2019, this is a brilliant time to be joining our client, ReAssure. Wholly owned by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest life and health insurance businesses, if developing your career within the 100+ strong finance team in Telford isn’t enough opportunity for you, then there’s plenty more on offer globally if you want to take full advantage. The environment is very dynamic, so if you like change, challenge and being kept on your toes, this could be the ideal employer for you.
Working with a welcoming and expert team, your involvement in the business will be as follows:
- Prepare Solvency II regulatory returns on an annual and quarterly basis. To ensure preparation process is suitably controlled and documented in particular to ensure that ring fenced fund balances (i.e. with-profit and matching adjustment funds) are correctly reported.
- Prepare insightful commentary on regulatory returns with particular focus on ring fenced fund balances highlighting key features of the results and material risks and issues arising. Provide assurance as to the value of any inter-fund balances reported.
- Ensure source accounting data is held and in a format required for regulatory reporting and prepare relevant adjustments where these are required. Prepare related account reconciliations.
- Develop the reporting process as required including revising processes to make them more efficient or better controlled and to ensure the accuracy of the returns. Introduce new processes in response to external changes in requirements. Establish processes and procedures for governance and reporting of ring fenced fund balances and to support related areas in enhancing their procedures for management and reporting of ring fenced fund balances.
- Ensure returns and related documentation are suitable for internal and external audit and to liaise with auditors as required and all ring fenced fund balances are fully supported.
- Prepare responses to regulatory change in particular any changes to Solvency II regulations and plan and execute changes to systems and processes that result.
- Ensure key controls are clearly documented in Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and relevant evidence is recorded and is suitable for review by senior management and internal and external audit.
- Ensure the requirements of corporate governance, as set out in the PRA prudential sourcebook, are complied with to the desired standard.
- Develop excellent understanding of regulatory and statutory reporting requirements including reconcilaition between all bases to ensure reconciling items can be clearly explained to senior management and other key stakeholders within the business.
- Develop reporting environment making best use of Oracle data warehouse and developing reports and processes to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability in reporting process.
Skills & Experience
- Fund Accounting experience is highly desirable, or alternative proof of highly technical accounting experience, e.g. IFRS focus, Solvency II.
- Preferably a fully Qualified Accountant, or in training.