Associate - Finance
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for an Associate - Finance to join the Infracapital finance team due to a significant increase in FUM's. You will be responsible for overseeing and reviewing the management accounts, annual reports for the investee entities and other ad-hoc finance work.
Your responsibilities will be
- Reviewing of management accounts and financial statements of investee entities
- Liaising with auditors and deal with their queries/issues to the extent TPAs are unable to. (including managing audit timetable and relationship with auditors).
- Investee companies - Manage drawdowns and distributions with Investee companies and the TPA.
- Coordinating and review the preparation of the tax returns for the investee entities with the tax advisor.
- Reviewing the coding and authorisation of business unit and Funds’ expenses.
- Reviewing consolidated trial balances for the Infracapital funds prepared by the TPA. Ensure these meet disclosure and timing requirements for group submission.
- Responding to investor queries relating to finance matters.
- Ad-hoc departmental tasks.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a newly qualified chartered accountant in a financial reporting environment. You will have a strong work ethic and comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines, high level of accuracy and attention to detail, be flexible, proactive and able to work using initiative, possess good written and verbal communication skills. You will be keen to build and maintain good relationships in a team environment and with wider business, computer literate in Microsoft Office and Outlook, conscientious, organised and can prioritise workload, be willing to learn and develop within the role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.