Randstad Engineering are looking for a Engineer who has experience in delivering modified audio systems to the automotive industry, with a particular interest in the high end automotive market.. The salary for this role is £35,000 - £40,000 per year, based full time in Gaydon.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Delivery of new and modified Audio Systems.
- Support cross-functional reviews to ensure that systems are delivered in line with the programme targets for function, quality, cost, timing, serviceability and weight.
- Support the commodity CAD package through supplier reviews, working closely with the internal CAD team to ensure robust virtual build process can be achieved.
- Develop commodity timing plans to support delivery of Mission milestone actions.
- Understand technology trends and assist in generating system proposals for inclusion in future programmes.
- Produce supporting design documentation to demonstrate robust development process. To include DFMEA, DVP, Engineering Release, Concern Resolution and sign-off reports.
- Support the development of the audio strategy and status reports for senior management.
- Support vehicle build and launch activities. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise.
- Support the Purchasing department in defining future commodity strategy.
- Support TVM, Current Vehicle Engineering, Purchasing and Production activities with technical assistance throughout the product lifetime.
- Undertake other tasks in support of Electrical department or company objectives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Engineering HNC / HND, engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in commodity delivery or project delivery, engineering processes and industry knowledge.
- Must be able to work within teams effectively.
- Must be able to work with external suppliers to deliver best in class systems.
- Must have a good knowledge of Audio systems.
- Must be able to support and deliver required attributes in the budget, to quality and on time.
- Must be able to conduct relevant system testing to validate designs.
- Must possess an engineering mind-set and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Must be able to support prototype builds and resolving issues.
- Ability to analyse and validate supplier test data and develop recovery plans where necessary.
- Should have good presentation skills.
- A successful candidate must be able to integrate into a well-established team under supervision. The candidate must show the character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge above. The best candidate will be open-minded and lateral thinking to assist with achieving timing and product targets, with the ability to build good working relationships. The candidate must strive to be proactive but open to seeking supervision when required to produce practical solutions.
- The successful candidate should be prepared to travel when necessary to fulfil this role.
- The successful candidate should hold a full driving license.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.