Business Growth Manager
To ensure there is a clear five-year growth strategy, encompassing the strategic
To implement the growth strategy to a successful conclusion, working with
managers and other key stakeholders.
To work successfully with the Head of Delivery to establish new products and
To report to the Chief Executive on the strategic development of The
brands, identifying appropriate opportunities for new business.
A commercially focused social enterprise that develops the skills of
young people. We are proud to support young people across the country, helping
them to develop the skills they need to thrive.
We conduct our work through our three brands;
- National Citizen Service (NCS). A once in a lifetime opportunity for young
people across England and Wales aged 15-17.
- Potential for Growth. Skills and development for school pupils aged 5-19.
- Communitree. Employability skills and guidance for young people aged 15-25.
We are committed to equal opportunities and the safeguarding of young people. We
expect all staff to share these commitments
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To take responsibility for the five-year year business strategy.
* To manage the overall bidding process and ensure that The strategic
planned approach to bidding for contracts, ensuring that bids are generated in line
with The vision and the five-year business plan.
* To have responsibility for the business plan targets.
* Lead, develop and support teams with the creation of new methods, strategies
and plans for brand growth and sales targets.
* To strategically review brand performance in line with budgets, resource plans,
targets and the business plan, in conjunction with the Head of Delivery.
* To be the link between teams and the Chief Executive, ensuring there is synergy
and cohesion between the strategic and operations departments.
* To evaluate all sales activity including regular reporting and update review
meetings with the Chief Executive.
* To work effectively with the Marketing and Communications Team to encourage
promotion in specific areas as appropriate.
* To explore potential for diversification within The brands and services.
* To develop and manage a strategy for building on our social impact and then
using that focus to inform board, managers, teams and using that work as a
context for the growth and expansion of the business.
* To create contacts and generate lead and partners to benefit the above work.
* To ensure teams create and adhere to quality sales reporting and monitoring
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Significant experience in leading and motivating departmental managers and teams
to work towards performance targets.
* Experience in meeting business objectives and driving business success.
* Experience of close working relationships at Chief Executive/Senior level.
* Excellent knowledge of social impact at strategic level.
* Setting departmental milestones against business objectives.
* Competent user of Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to coordinate and cooperates with others across regions and departments
in pursuit of common goals.
* A flexible approach to work.
* Mind-set of striving for continuous improvement.
* Experience of managing and addressing employee performance.
* Driving licence and use of a car for business.
* Natural leader.
* Enthusiastic and able to motivate groups and individuals.
* Team motivator and driver.
* Good negotiator.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to implement and follow processes.
A salary of up to £30K, company car and package