Area Sales Manager
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Area Sales Manager
Stoke on Trent
£33,851 per annum (rising to £37,151 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. We provide a diverse range of services across a group structure including general rented, sheltered, supported accommodation, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. With more than 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Our strength as an organisation lies in the quality of our people and we are always looking for individuals with fresh ideas to join us - people who share our commercial mind-set and who are committed to providing excellent customer service. Our philosophy is to attract and retain quality individuals, nurture and develop them and in doing so, inspire and motivate them.
We have an exciting opportunity within our thriving Sales team for an experienced Sales Manager. With a strong background in customer service, excellent negotiation skills and outstanding presentation skills you will be a people manager who can lead their team to deliver successful results.
The role of Sales Manager will include:
- Assist in the review and development of the sales process to ensure effective procedures are in place to meet financial regulations, drive profitable practices and achieve compliance regulation
- Ensure that all legislative and regulatory requirements are met for the sale of new homes
- Utilise market research, business intelligence and performance monitoring to build and maintain detailed knowledge of the housing market to support the development and delivery of an effective in-house sales strategy.
- Managing and motivating a team to ensure targets and goals are exceeded
- Manage housing sales to ensure new homes within the region are sold effectively to optomise the Groups returns on investment in new housing
- Manage the requirement, performance management and development of quality staff to ensure key performance indicators are met.
Skills and experiences:
- Experience within new home sales
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising work loads, both for self and others.
- An interest in property sales and an appetite to learn new things is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office systems, including Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written English skills are essential.
- Travel will be a requirement of the role as a driving licence is an essential requirement for this role.
- To be able to remain calm under pressure
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 23 February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.