This worldwide company is looking to recruit an experienced Junior Buyer to join their team. There is a salary of up to £30,000 and benefits that include 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off, free parking, pension, staff discount scheme and excellent prospects.
About the company:
This highly successful business with sites around the world has been in business for over 20 years. They have expanded rapidly over the last few years and deal with a wide range of well known retailers across the Globe with a variety of very well known brands including Disney and Hasbro. They offer an excellent working environment and superb career prospects.
About the role:
Working as part of a team in a fast paced and busy environment you will be responsible for assisting the Buyer in all aspects of the buying department including developing products for the ranges in line with brand strategy and maximising sales for the business. Duties will include:
- Working closely with the sales/supply chain and brand/marketing teams to create targeted campaigns
- Supporting the buyer and contributing to decisions on the product range
- Focusing on ideas and solutions that may be of longer-term benefit to profitability
- Working closely with the sales/supply chain team to review department performance and develop areas for improvement
- Building effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Anticipating and resolving problems with deliveries; continuing to build stable long term relationships with suppliers
- Depending on your experience, you may potentially manage your own ranges
Skills and Experience required:
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar Junior Buyer role although a good Senior Assistant Buyer looking for the next step may also be considered. The ideal candidate will have a background in a fashion retail or wholesale role but candidates with a product development background may also be suitable. The applicant will also be fashion forward with a genuine passion for product and love for the industry. You will be used to working to seasonal buying patterns. Licensed experience would highly desirable however training and support to develop this understanding can be given. You will be confident and resilient and able to work in a fast paced environment to tight deadlines.
- A salary of £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Staff discount
- Long service awards
- Benefits portal access
- Excellent prospects
If this sounds like a Junior Buyer role you would LOVE please email your CV today
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.