Office Manager/ Bookkeeper
Our client is a growing Technology company creating market-leading software. Their solution simplifies and streamlines processes for Business Planning and Trade Promotion Management & Optimization in the Consumer Goods, Manufacturing and Retail Sectors.
They have offices in the UK and the USA
They are looking for an experienced bookkeeper and office manager to manage all aspects of the company administration and office management.
This role will be based in our Vauxhall, London office.
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance:
- Processing invoices according to instructions and contracts
- Credit control
- Processing and paying office relating expenses according to contracts and orders
- Allocating cash transactions and completing bank reconciliation
- Reconciling ledger accounts
- Journal entries as required
- Manage the payroll with our payroll bureau, verify reports and make the necessary payment
- Preparing VAT returns for review with the Finance director
- Using Expensify or similar, ensure Staff expenses are in line with policy , processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Managing basic functionality of the accounting package
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts
- Assist the Finance Director with compliance related tax (P11d, CT)
- Assisting the Finance Director in the design and documentation of new process and finance related policies
- Assisting the Finance Director in the development of new finance tools
Using a range of office software:
- Maintaining office supplies, stationery and equipment
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
- Managing the post
- Managing filing systems
- Managing travel as and when required
- Overseeing administration of recruitment, ensure contracts are signed, forms are completed and information is communicated to the payroll bureau.
- New Staff: ensuring equipment as well as necessary training and induction are provided;
- Monitoring holidays and ensuring holiday request are approved by line managers
- Monitoring sickness days and ensure sick days are reported on the HR tool
- Ensuring staff appraisals and performance review are completed within the timeline
- Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed.
Experience and Skills:
You will need to show evidence of the following skills and personal qualities:
- Double entry bookkeeping to trial balance (AAT or equivalent )
- Techsavvy: Working Knowledge of QuickBooks (online) or similar cloud accounting software, apps, Expensify
- Attention to details
- Previous experience for a similar sized company +/- 50 employees
- Excellent organisational, prioritization and time management skills
- A strong work ethic with focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to manage new challenges with a proactive attitude and solution focused
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently but also as a team player
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads.
- A self- starter; can identify what needs to be done and get on with it
Their team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a continuous improvement mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for the team!
Hours: 9:00 - 5:30 Monday to Friday - Flexibility considered