Senior Actuarial Student
St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £90.7bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Providing actuarial expertise to deliver business objectives as part of the Research and Development (R&D) team. The R&D team focus on new product development and pricing, strategic projects, provide tools to support growth in new business, provide commercial actuarial advice and support across St. James’s Place - including our advisers (The Partnership).
- Act as subject matter expert and lead business project workstreams as required by the development schedule. Example projects may include product pricing, enhancement of investment propositions, business development
- Support the team actuaries who may be leading larger projects or workstreams
- Provide guidance and support to more junior actuarial students
- Provide figures and analysis to support business decisions - up to executive level
- Provide technical support to the business, including: clients, Partnership, Administration Centres, Client Liaison, Marketing Department & Directors
- Ensure adherence to SJP values and principles of treating our clients fairly
- Giving suitable advice which takes account customer circumstances and your level of experience and knowledge
- Carrying out all activities with integrity and professionalism
- Good knowledge of UK Long Term Financial Services market and regulation
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal effectively and communicate with Partners and directors
- A high level of personal commitment and motivation
- A strong track record of delivery with a "can do" attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent Excel skills
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- A part qualified actuary making good progress with the exams, with perhaps 3 or 4 subjects remaining
- Demonstrable experience in pricing, proposition development, product management, retail funds or other commercial areas is essential
- A bias towards investments, retail funds or pensions preferred
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, life assurance, equity participation opportunities, and an attractive holiday allowance, to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed almost £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We are proud of the recognition we receive for the high quality advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; '2017 Best Wealth Manager' by readers of Shares Magazine; '2017/18 Personal Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’ by readers of Money Pages and voted the City of London '2017 Wealth Management Company of the Year'.