Our client is a reputable and well established organisation with a global coverage and impressive offices in central Oxford. A new permanent opportunity has arisen in their Finance department for a Financial Accountant.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, typical duties will be to:
- Review monthly branch reporting packs and commentary, investigating any anomalies / variances that require additional explanation with the branch, and providing a summary to the Financial Controller.
- Develop an understanding of branch financial operations through regular international travel and be able to reconcile to financial performance and identify anomalies.
- Review of on line bank statements on a weekly basis; perform bank reconciliations, liaising with the branch to confirm details of payments / cash received, against back-up documentation. Record and report any anomalies, unexplained transactions to the Financial Controller.
- Monthly review of trial balance from the local ERPvs. group reporting pack. Confirmation of balances and movements, review of accruals / provision accounts on a monthly basis with the branches. Provide a summary report to the Financial Controller recording any issues / unusual movements in the month.
- Ensure local authorisations are completed in line with both local and divisional DLA.
- Detailed review of customer sales ledger balances and timing of sales particularly for year-end cut-off (Q4 / Q1 returns).
- Monthly review of branch staff expense claims and authorisation (cash, credit card expenses and expense advances), recording any instances of non-compliance to expense guidelines and escalating to the Financial Controller.
Candidates that apply should ideally be qualified or finalist level with a financial accounting background. You must be analytical with good attention to detail and ideally have some previous business partnering experience.